Relocating can be a daunting process with many elements that require planning and organization to make it all work well. Sterling is here to help make your move go as smoothly as possible. This page has a number of moving resources and tips to answer questions and give you general information that will help.
Before Your Move
- 8 Tips For A Successful Job Relocation – A short article that discusses the relocation process
- RELO 101 – What You Should Know About Relocation Packages
- Everything You Need to Know About Employer Relocation Packages
- Decide Whether to Rent or Sell Your Current Home – This article reviews a number factors to consider when weighing whether to rent or sell your current home
- Research Schools in the New Area – Good ideas and information to make switching schools easier for you and your child
- The Nation’s Report Card – A resource with information about the academic performance of the elementary and secondary schools nation-wide
- National Center for Education Statistics – A government agency that collects and reports on data related to education in the U.S. and other nations. A good resource for checking out area schools
- Changing of Address Notification/Switching Utilities – A thorough checklist of all the institutions and people who will need notification when you move
- Moving Your Pet – Good tips on making the move as stress-free as possible for your pet
- An Inventory of Your Items – Creating an inventory of your items can reduce the stress during the unpacking process.
- Items That are Non-Transportable – There are certain items that should not be put on the moving van and certain items that cannot be put on a truck. This article give you a good list of these items.
The Moving Day
- Pack an Overnight Bag – It is a great idea to pack an overnight bag for your first night in your new home. Here is a sample packing list of the things you might need
- Tips on Labeling Moving Boxes – Labeling boxes correctly can save a lot of time and aggravation. Here are several good methods for box labeling that will greatly reduce the time and stress involved in disorganized unpacking.
- 14 Proven Moving Day Tips That Work – A number of tips for moving day that are good to have in mind even if you are utilizing a full service package (such as packing and unpacking)
- Making the Day Go as Smoothly as Possible – Your presence during the moving day to answer questions and provide guidance prevents many issues
- A Few Items to Address in Your New Home – Items such as changing the locks, painting, maintenance of electrical systems, etc.
Employer Concerns When Planning an Employee Relocation
- An overview on the various considerations for a well-rounded employee relocation plan
- A sample relocation policy – A good tool that covers a sampling of the costs and coverages of an employee relocation plan
- Trends in Global Relocation: 2014 Global Mobility Policy & Practices – A well-researched, in-depth study on relocation on a global scale
- The emotional factors that a relocation plan should address in order to transition employees successfully
- From the Huffington Post, a short article outlining the stresses inherent in employee relocation
- Top 5 Considerations in Writing the Best Relocation Policy for Your Business
- Considerations for Relocation Policies for Small Business