Laborer – Driver’s Helper (Lowell, MA)
Sterling Corporation is looking for laborers to assist our Drivers with making deliveries and pickups.
Candidates must be able to lift 50 – 100 lbs on a regular basis. Prior moving or freight experience is a plus! Applicants must be able to speak, read and write English. Must have flexibility to work early start (6 or 7 am) with variable end time. Will be subject to pre-employment and random drug screening program. Positions will generally offer approx. 20 – 29+ hours per week with progression to a full time schedule with benefits over time based on good performance and business needs. Job responsibilities include:
- Assisting driver with any requested task that is asked -to include proper handling of goods and equipment during delivery or pick up
- Calling in updates for deliveries and pickups to the call-in line
- Assisting with paperwork to organize and ensure all appropriate signatures are obtained.
- Reading maps or using GPS to find best routes to Driver’s stops.
- Alert and assist with driver blind spots and exiting truck to assist with back ups.
- Calling customers and Dispatch to advise of any schedule delays
- Maintaining valid driver’s license.
Interested candidates may send their resume via email to: [email protected] or fax it to Human Resources at 978-408-2006.
Sterling is an equal opportunity employer.
Please contact us if you have any questions, would like to request a quote, or schedule a consultation. We are open Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Email: [email protected]
263 Industrial Ave E., Lowell, MA 01852
27 Sterling Road, Billerica MA 01862
Your information will not be added to a mailing list.