Lab Relocation Services
Sterling offers fully integrated, custom solutions for managed lab relocations. Whether you need to move a small amount of equipment within your facility or are planning and implementing a large multi-phased relocation, Sterling has the experience and personnel to handle it.
Our trained, certified crews and specialized fleet enable us to provide the focused care required to manage the full range of safety, security, and regulatory issues critical in laboratory moves. All this, while never losing site of the important logistical details and level of care that are fundamental to these relocations.
- Experienced drivers licensed and certified for transporting biological and chemical materials.
- Seasoned teams specifically trained for packing and crating delicate, high-value lab equipment.
- A dedicated move manager – your point of contact and communication who is available from start to finish, addressing every issue and guiding your project to a timely and successful conclusion.
- Specialized refrigerator and freezer trucks with temperature monitoring and control systems.
- Redundant systems with automatic power transfer in case of power failure.
- Air-ride equipped trucks with specialized material handling equipment.
- Self-Leveling lift gates – 4,400-lb capacity with 8’x8’ platform.
Lab Relocations – Moving Tips
Moving Your Lab Safely – An NIH publication developed to help plan and execute laboratory relocations safely.
Managing Laboratory Moves – This article touches on issues involved in a move beyond the actual movement of equipment itself.
This article discusses many issues involved in laboratory relocations, highlighting the advantages of using a knowledgeable, experienced lab relocation specialist like Sterling.
An article from the UK publication, Laboratory News. This is a good general overview that covers many of the issues endemic to a laboratory move no matter where the location.
A Practical Guide to Moving to a New Site for Public Health Laboratories – A comprehensive article published by the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL).
Please contact us if you have any questions, would like to request a quote, or schedule a consultation. We are open Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Email: [email protected]
263 Industrial Ave E., Lowell, MA 01852
27 Sterling Road, Billerica MA 01862
Your information will not be added to a mailing list.